• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

The Soldier

The Soldier

Rifleman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationEast Brunswick, New Jersey

Oh god...everyone thinks this mod is god.  Face reality, IT'S NOT.

When you're on multiplayer, just compare the amount of Mutliplayer games from BK to vCoH.  vCoH wins, hands-down, 100% of the time.  You're a drop of water in a sea, boy.  A TON more people enjoy vanilla more then BK, and I happen to be one of them.  Your opinion, even the rest of you combined, isn't going to change the CoH2 dev's decisions.

As far as I know, it's still a beta.  Hopefully stuff will be changed from then until the Open Beta comes around.

And if you're complaining about the graphics, well here's something: Company of Hero's graphics were AMAZING when it first came out.  Much better than games back then (if you consider 2006 "back then").  It even beats out Men of War in terms of graphics, which came out 3 years later.  So don't expect a huge jump in the graphics, they can't boost it any more than they can now.

Aside from that, if Blitzkrieg decides to move to the Eastern Front for a stint, I wouldn't mind.  Just another mod.

EDIT:

Oh, and the fiasco the Relaunch version was?  What's so bad about it, please tell me.  There's no more lobby bug, AND THERE'S NO MORE MAP HACKING. :)

1gg65w.png

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."

~Erwin Rommel

Andreas

Andreas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • LocationDenmark

When you're on multiplayer, just compare the amount of Mutliplayer games from BK to vCoH.  vCoH wins, hands-down, 100% of the time.  You're a drop of water in a sea, boy.  A TON more people enjoy vanilla more then BK, and I happen to be one of them.  Your opinion, even the rest of you combined, isn't going to change the CoH2 dev's decisions.

As far as I know, it's still a beta.  Hopefully stuff will be changed from then until the Open Beta comes around.

And if you're complaining about the graphics, well here's something: Company of Hero's graphics were AMAZING when it first came out.  Much better than games back then (if you consider 2006 "back then").  It even beats out Men of War in terms of graphics, which came out 3 years later.  So don't expect a huge jump in the graphics, they can't boost it any more than they can now.

Aside from that, if Blitzkrieg decides to move to the Eastern Front for a stint, I wouldn't mind.  Just another mod.

EDIT:

Oh, and the fiasco the Relaunch version was?  What's so bad about it, please tell me.  There's no more lobby bug, AND THERE'S NO MORE MAP HACKING. :)

True - it is not stupid, that they keep the other damage system. Its also better, if they want it in the E-sports!

The problem with the Relaunsh version is the following;

• You need to use steam
  • You can't whisper
  • You can't add friends in-game
  • Some minor bugs...

However im fine with it. Its sad to Loose those Things, but not the worst thing IMO.

Singature2.jpg

50% of the BK-players are stompers. Of those 90% are axis fanboys. 25% of all players are realism freaks. Then there is 15% developers. There is 10% Allied fanboys. And last we have 0% of the playersbase being objective, gameplay-orientated, PvP players

The Soldier

The Soldier

Rifleman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Thank you. :) I was kind of bugged by the Friends-related issues, but can't do much.  They said they'll be trying to get more of the functions working, hopefully they'll follow through.

1gg65w.png

~Erwin Rommel

Xmasbeer

Xmasbeer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I might as well thank for this mod here, since I am reinstalling it on the steam version. 

And that is the thing. I am re-installing it on steam version not only because Relic closed down their servers, but also because VCoH2 is a steaming pile of shit, just like the vCoH. Good thing they let us play open beta, now I know where I will not waste cash.

This game needs fixing, machine guns that mow down enemies, not just slowing them down. Artillery that can convert an infantry squad into a fireworks of body limbs. Those satisfying things which make BK so enjoyable. Diversity in the units, etc... 

On one hand I see CoH2 as a good base for you mod if it's moddable. Blizzard, ice and freezing effects and true sight are all new features that can make a potential BK2 even more fun, however as it is at the moment, I can't see CoH2 as something I would even want to play when I have a vastly superior BK which by the way have much better textures. CoH2 tanks look like they are made from plastic or something.

When you're on multiplayer, just compare the amount of Mutliplayer games from BK to vCoH.  vCoH wins, hands-down, 100% of the time.  You're a drop of water in a sea, boy.  A TON more people enjoy vanilla more then BK, and I happen to be one of them.  

A ton of people are those that don't even know what mods are, how to install them and where to find them. Limited exposition does not translate into the indication of quality.

Regardless, Relic will get like a few bucks from me in a year when CoH2 is in a sales bin if there is a BK mod for it released by then.

The Soldier

The Soldier

Rifleman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

The style of the game is their choice, as well as the rest of the world's choice.  Not this tiny speck on their plate.  If they want to keep the style of the game based on COMPETATIVE gameplay, then I like it.

You call insta-losing a squad and tanks enjoyable?  Sure, if you're behind that mortar.  But what about on the receiving end?

It doesn't matter if people don't know what mods are.  If more people are playing one thing, that means they like that better and haven't bothered to see if there's anything else to it.  Simple as that.

Blitzkrieg has virtually no effect on the sales of CoH2 - I didn't get CoH for Blitzkrieg.  I got it for the Eastern Front mod.  I didn't even know what BK was until I saw it lurking at the top of the Mod page on Moddb.

And vastly superior graphics?  I agree.  But there will be mods for CoH2, no doubt.  And it will make the graphics far superior to that of Blitzkrieg.

And I'll tell you this:  If SO many people "don't" know about mods, do you think that Blitzkrieg for CoH2 will do anything?

1gg65w.png

~Erwin Rommel

lunarwolf

lunarwolf

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

EDIT:

simples if you don't like BK then GO AWAY and stop trolling on these forums.

and yes steam relaunch version has many issues.  obviously you have recently bought the game in the bargain bin if you cannot tell what the problem are

I just played some CoH2 open beta and frankly not impressed at all. 

The Soldier

The Soldier

Rifleman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Trolling?  I still like BK, it's just that half of you here treat it like it's the god mod.

Recently bought the game?  I've been playing this game since 2 years ago.  Obviosly that's a while after the last patch came out, if that's what you're wondering.

Yes, the graphics aren't impessive.  Though I already said that.  But no one bothers to look past that now adays...

1gg65w.png

~Erwin Rommel

MeatshieldNZ

MeatshieldNZ

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Trolling?  I still like BK, it's just that half of you here treat it like it's the god mod.

Recently bought the game?  I've been playing this game since 2 years ago.  Obviosly that's a while after the last patch came out, if that's what you're wondering.

Yes, the graphics aren't impessive.  Though I already said that.  But no one bothers to look past that now adays...

If people want to think this is the best mod out, what's wrong with that? Why are you trying to downplay BK on the BK forum? Seems like a strange position to take.

You prefer Vanilla but have over 1000 posts in 4 months here, how many do you have in the Vcoh forums??

The Soldier

The Soldier

Rifleman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

I'm not downplaying the BK mod - I'm downplaying those of you who are too blind to see the rest of the plethora of great mods CoH has.  BK is no doubt a good, mod, but it's certainly a stretch of the mind to be the best.

I've no vCoH posts on the Relic forums.  You know why?  I always found here to be a bit more pleasent in terms of it's members - you guys are friendlier than those over there.  Same goes for just about every other forum I've been to - FractalSoftWorks, DigitalMindSoft, ModernCombat, Eastern Front.

1gg65w.png

~Erwin Rommel

MeatshieldNZ

MeatshieldNZ

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

I'm not trying to be awkward, just still don't get why you are arguing against BK being the best mod. Define Best, isn't the best mod the one you enjoy the most? You are trying to argue a point that is surely down to personal preference.

Also you shouldn't assume that everyone here hasn't tried other mods. :)

SemperFi

SemperFi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

I'm not downplaying the BK mod - I'm downplaying those of you who are too blind to see the rest of the plethora of great mods CoH has.  BK is no doubt a good, mod, but it's certainly a stretch of the mind to be the best.

I've no vCoH posts on the Relic forums.  You know why?  I always found here to be a bit more pleasent in terms of it's members - you guys are friendlier than those over there.  Same goes for just about every other forum I've been to - FractalSoftWorks, DigitalMindSoft, ModernCombat, Eastern Front.

Well you are downplaying this mod. These guys are not blind ,and that's a pretty quick judgement to make you have been here for 4 months.  Also why on this forum? Of all forums you would downplay play the mod on its own forum.  That's a little odd to do. Anyways ON TOPIC: COH 2 is moddable there are tools for it. IS the BK not going to do this or are they finalizing the coh one first? We would like a response please since COH 2 is coming out and a lot of people would like to know.

semperfiu.png

Special thanks to Panzerblitz1 for the signature!!! 

Mongalong247

Mongalong247

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

I for one won't be going anywhere near the CoH2 game until there is a decent mod for it.  I couldn't stand the way that vCoH feels and plays, so for me, it's BK with CoH until a suitable mod for CoH2 comes out... I'd love to be able to maximize the graphical potential of my pc :D

Also bear in mind that Sega is committed to supporting vCoH even after its successor is released.

Make suggestions on a new map pack here.

jagdp.png

“Never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.” ― Winston Churchill

“No plan survives contact with the enemy” ― Erwin Rommel

The Soldier

The Soldier

Rifleman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Well, if you don't enjoy vCoH then you won't enjoy CoH2.  I just find that kind of sad - you buy a game just for a mod. :/

1gg65w.png

~Erwin Rommel

Mongalong247

Mongalong247

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

I don't see the problem.  Sega gets their $, sure vCoH is a great game - look at all the awards it raked in.  But really, I have to ask myself, would I still be playing vCoH if it wasn't for the mods?

jagdp.png

The Soldier

The Soldier

Rifleman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

I would be.  Mods just add something different every once in a while.

1gg65w.png

~Erwin Rommel

Mongalong247

Mongalong247

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Fair point, I guess I don't quite have the attention span to play the same thing that frustrates me over and over.  At the end of the day I'm extremely happy with BK, and it comes down to a personal preference thing.

If you could only play vCoH or any of the Mod's you've played, what would you pick?

jagdp.png

The Soldier

The Soldier

Rifleman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Probably Europe at War.  Obviously I've been playing that a lot recently. :P My opinions tend to change over time.  vCoH always comes back in the end, though.  Just a better sence of balance to it.

1gg65w.png

~Erwin Rommel

Xmasbeer

Xmasbeer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Well, if you don't enjoy vCoH then you won't enjoy CoH2.  I just find that kind of sad - you buy a game just for a mod. :/

Nothing new. Back in the old days, there were thousands of people who bought Half-Life just to play Counter Strike. When I bought CoH it was already after all expansion packs were released and when a friend asked me to play with him Blitzkrieg. 

I did of course try vanilla game, but the fact that there could be two tanks that shoot each other, but getting outhealed by the engies behind them was really retarded. What is the point of MG42 when it only slows the infantry down? In fact just before trying CoH for the first time I was playing Dawn of War 2. It uses the same engine and gameplay elements like cover are the same. But I really missed the carnage in vCoH. Blitzkrieg fixed that for me. 

I also tried eastern front, but disliked it because it just introduced new units and faction, but gameplay was the same as vCoH. I did not find any other mod that provides that "blow shit up" firepower like BK, however if you know any among the... as you said plethora of good mods, then I am all ears.

The Soldier

The Soldier

Rifleman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

If you infantry get slowed down, you're pretty much forced to retreat.  The only end result is getting pinned.  And after that, retreat.  So getting suppressed is poweful.

If you want "blow shit up" with Russians, go aheady and try N44 - uber big squad sizes.  Damage system is also pretty deadly.

"I really missed the carnage in vCoH.  Blitzkrieg fixed that for me."

Umm...what exactly does that mean?  I don't understand...lol.

1gg65w.png

~Erwin Rommel

Preggers

Preggers

Advanced Newbie

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

I sincerely hope coh2 is modifiable, ive played the beta and it seems like its lacking in gameplay... the eastern front was the most savage fighting of world war 2, for a group of  modders like yourselves the sky is the limit with all you could bring to the table.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users