New Blitzkrieg-Mod launcher

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

Ruhrpottpatriot

Ruhrpottpatriot

N44 Coder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts
Hi fellow Blitzkrieg-Mod Players.Today I reveal to you the new version of the Blitzkrieg-Mod launcher. This version was built from scratch and presents you with tools that will improve your playing experience by tenfold. My Team and I worked hard to bring you this neat little program and we hope you like it.Below is complete list of features you can expect with the initial release of the new launcher. They are all complete and thus we can talk about it freely.Attached File  Main Form.gif   43.04KB   994 downloadsPicture I: The main windowThe main window is the entry point where you’ll land when you fire up the application. If you start the launcher for the very first time you’ll have to complete a short “first-time-setup” where you can set some options for the mod and the game.In the main window you’ll also find the news and twitter feed windows. With these you’ll never miss a single announcement made by us on the board or via twitter. You also can go directly to the linked content in the tweets or the news itself.Of course you can start the game from here.Attached File  Updated Tools.gif   16.35KB   1172 downloadsPicture II: A new version of the launcher is available.Auto updating is a feature we are especially proud of. It is a complete revision of the current system. To explain the changes you’ll have to understand the current update system.The current system downloads an updater file from a server and runs it after the download has been completed. Because the file is a traditional installer file it requires user input and this is far from optimal.The new system takes away that user input. If the launcher has the correct path to the Company of Heroes installation it will automatically download and install each and every patch automatically without need for any user input.Of course the user can change the way the auto updater works and disable the automatic download process. So users with a weak internet connection can still use the launcher without a tedious download blocking up their internet connection.Although we are now offering a complete auto update for our product, we will not abandon the ‘manual’ update method with an installer. These manual updates will still exist.Attached File  Options.gif   63.76KB   857 downloadsPicture III: The Options window.In the options window you’ll find most of the possibilities for customizing the mod for your personal experience. For example you can enable or disable vertical synchronization, or run the game in window mode. You can also check for updates manually, if you either disabled your auto updating or think you missed an update. If your mod behaves strangely you can check if your mod is installed correctly by clicking on the ‘Validate Installation’ button. This will generate a checksum for your mod and compare it to the correct checksum stored on our server.The advanced game options will not be supported in the initial release version of the launcher, but will be added later. With them you can customize your playing experience even further.We are planning much more features for the launcher, but as these features are not implemented yet, we are not ready to talk about them. If the time comes, we will talk about the ominous features hidden behind the ‘Login’ button on the main window. Let me say this: They are awesome and we are sure our community will think so too.The new launcher will not be shipped with version 4.5 of the mod, because we switched from the old WindowsForms API (WinForms) to the new Windows Presentation Framework (WPF). We did this because the WinDorms API is deprecated and will cease to exists somewhat after than Windows 8. In contrast the WPF is actively developed by Microsoft and – although much younger – gives us much more flexibility. But this comes with a price. To use the launcher you'll need at least version 4.0 of the .NET framework. If you don't have it yet, I recommend to upgrade it ASAP, because more and more application are based on this.
Posted Image
» I am the chief warlock of the brothers of darkness, lord of the thirteen hells, master of the bones, emperor of the black, lord of the undead and the mayor of a litte village up the coast. «
» So the Propaganda about the Propaganda of the Propaganda-Doctrine is just Propaganda? « ~HGNOWIS
» [The King Tiger is] built from the bones of dead Norse gods, powered by children's tears and firing shells that contain the essence of the Grim Reaper himself. «
»Wehrmacht Defense infantry + heavy + smoke = "Hans, is somebody shooting at us?" « ~Ivelios

Thelosouvlakia

Thelosouvlakia

The Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • LocationGreece
No permission to see the images.The new self update system sounds sweeettt

+600 Maps
thelosv2.png

Propaganda Doctrine has now become REAL "Propaganda"

Blitzkrieg94

Blitzkrieg94

• Pip
  • 10 posts
Sounds very good, but when will it come?

Thelosouvlakia

Thelosouvlakia

The Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • LocationGreece
IMHO next version.

+600 Maps
thelosv2.png

Blitzkrieg94

Blitzkrieg94

• Pip
  • 10 posts
Ok, thanks to you, can you tell me why I see no other in the open beta games?

Ruhrpottpatriot

Ruhrpottpatriot

N44 Coder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts

No permission to see the images.

should be fixed now.@Blitz: Plese open a thread on the appropriate sub forum (open beta)
Posted Image
» I am the chief warlock of the brothers of darkness, lord of the thirteen hells, master of the bones, emperor of the black, lord of the undead and the mayor of a litte village up the coast. «
» So the Propaganda about the Propaganda of the Propaganda-Doctrine is just Propaganda? « ~HGNOWIS
» [The King Tiger is] built from the bones of dead Norse gods, powered by children's tears and firing shells that contain the essence of the Grim Reaper himself. «
»Wehrmacht Defense infantry + heavy + smoke = "Hans, is somebody shooting at us?" « ~Ivelios

Thelosouvlakia

Thelosouvlakia

The Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • LocationGreece
I see. You don't use the GUI that you did in the previous launcher. I think that doesn't really matter.

+600 Maps
thelosv2.png

Ruhrpottpatriot

Ruhrpottpatriot

N44 Coder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts
No, the launcher was completely rewritten from scratch.
Posted Image

Thelosouvlakia

Thelosouvlakia

The Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • LocationGreece
Who wrote it? Potty, panther7, isiar? I just need to know where I am going to submit my complaints when somethings not working. :sleep:Just kidding guys, If Potty says something is done then it is done indeed.

+600 Maps
thelosv2.png

Ruhrpottpatriot

Ruhrpottpatriot

N44 Coder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts
This time panther7 did not anything for the launcher.Most of the work was done by me.
Posted Image

janrockt

janrockt

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationHannover / Magdeburg
Sounds great, will the auto update function contain future beta changesets? ;)I have an idea for the login data, if it is what I think it is it will be beyond aewsome!

Ruhrpottpatriot

Ruhrpottpatriot

N44 Coder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts
So what do you think? Tell me!
Posted Image

janrockt

janrockt

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationHannover / Magdeburg
I think it will be a matchmaking system to help the players finding each other, expanding the lucky-moment-a-game-is-open and i-have-enough-regulary-playing-bk-friends situation.At least that is what I see as a casual gamer when I want to play the beta :)

kaa

kaa

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
By looking at screenshots, i can say - looks good and professional :)

Panzerblitz1

Panzerblitz1

Blitzkrieg Mod Team

• 2,073 posts
  • LocationParis, France.
Nice work Ruhr, if i have one thing to say is that it needs a little bk symbol somewhere in it, but excellent work! when we can DL this?

Blitzkrieg Mod Video: http://www.youtube.c...re=results_main

819352111.png

Thelosouvlakia

Thelosouvlakia

The Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • LocationGreece
So so so important question? Will players in countries like China get the stupid runntime errors?

+600 Maps
thelosv2.png

panther7

panther7

BK-Launcher Creator

• 23 posts
Thelosouvlakia: Runtime error was in my launcher, new compiler this problem was solved, but i did not create new version launcher, when Ruhrpottpatriot done new bkmod launcher. I will try support him.

Ruhrpottpatriot

Ruhrpottpatriot

N44 Coder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts
@Panzer: Yeah I posted an application request several weeks ago, but no one ever responded to it. But icons are secondary, the main functions have to work.
Posted Image

Skame

Skame

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNorway
Nice looking good

Karl Brommann

Karl Brommann

Advancing Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
Looks pretty good.My Suggestion:Add a BK picture or something (KT, Panther, Iron Cross, etc)

76561198023409339.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users